February 2013 – All that Dekalb Office needed to reach John Rasper’s goal of becoming the premier office mover in the company’s Atlanta, Birmingham, and Nashville markets was the knowledge and skill to do it right.
Rasper already owns trucks, employs furniture-oriented labor who know the value of what they’re moving, and has earned a stellar reputation with furniture buyers.
Repeated requests from satisfied customers of his Steelcase® furniture dealership encouraged Rasper, Dekalb Office chief executive officer, to diversify into office moving, which is a natural addition to his core business.
Rasper hired the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI®) to teach his team best practice methods, to estimate accurately, and to ensure his moves finish on time for the price quoted with a minimum risk of damage to his clients’ furniture, computers and the office space.
According to Ed Katz, IOMI® instructor, the Dekalb Office team is poised to make the most of Rasper’s investment.
“Dekalb Office is one of the smartest, sharpest group of students I have ever trained,” said Katz.
Since Dekalb Office already offers project management and space planning, the company earned a dual IOMI® certification as both Certified Office Movers® and Certified Project Managers®
Thanks Ed for doing a great
job of training our team.
– John Rasper, Chief Executive Officer
This course covered all aspects of the moving industry from quoting to completion. Ed Katz is extremely versed in the office moving industry. Kim Mercer
Well thought out presentation; he kept it interesting. Greg Reed
Exceptional presenter; did an excellent job! Daniel Wonders
Ed; I’ve already been able to apply your estimating formula to our furniture business and it really works! Alea Frenzel
Ed did a great job. He made the experience fun and interesting. He presented in a way easily understood. Ed’s class was extremely helpful to us in positioning our service in this competitive market. I’m confident we’re now better prepared to succeed with move services from Dekalb Office. Chip Allen, Director of Service Sales
The International Office Moving Institute (IOMI®) is not an alliance, a trade association, or a moving company, but an independent, unbiased office moving resource and training organization beholden to no one. We accept no advertising. The links from within our pages to other web sites are reciprocal.
For more than a decade, many in the moving industry and companies planning a move have come to rely on officemoves.com as a steadfast source of best practices. We advocate, and through the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI®), teach:
• Minimizing the risk of damage to walls, floors, doors and elevators during your move. IOMI® Certified Office Movers® and Certified Project Managers® learn the best practice methods for installing extensive building protection.
• Minimizing the risk of damage to furniture and computers during your move. IOMI® Certified Office Movers® and Certified Project Managers® learn the best-practice methods for wrapping every monitor, printer, CPU, server, and copier with two layers of anti-static bubble wrap (with the bubbles facing the bubbles) instead of pad-wrapping computers with filthy furniture pads.
• Timing is of the essence on your office move. If your mover doesn’t finish the job on time, it can cost your company thousands of dollars of nonproductive downtime. IOMI® Certified Office Movers® and Certified Project Managers® learn an estimating formula that’s based upon man-hours instead of the unreliable method typically used on household moves that’s based on weight.
The IOMI® proprietary estimating formula is uncannily accurate because it factors in not only volume but the unique logistics of both the building you’re moving from and to.
Why hire an IOMI®
Certified Office Mover®?
1. On time for the price quoted
One of the biggest complaints about movers is that they often badly underestimate the cost of a move and then don’t finish on time. An International Office Moving Institute (IOMI®)-trained mover learns a formula for accurately estimating cost. By calculating the number of trucks and movers for how long, IOMI® Certified Office Movers® can base estimates on man-hours, volume, and logistics, and not weight, which household movers typically use when quoting an office move. As a result, the chances of a move completing on time for the price quoted is greatly improved.
2. Minimize risk of damage
IOMI® Certified Office Movers® learn the latest techniques to minimize risk of damage to furniture and computers, and are trained in extensive building protection to minimize risk of damage to carpet, walls, doors, and door jambs.
3. Minimize downtime
There is a better way! IOMI® Certified Office Movers® understand that their customers can’t afford to shut down operations during a move, and are trained in techniques to keep client employees working. Many IOMI® graduates offer the “boxless” move — moving the contents in the furniture instead of the contents and the furniture.
Learn More About Becoming An
IOMI® Certified Office Mover®